Thursday, May 12, 2011

From the Inside

Alright! Today was scary, painful and . . . interesting to say the least. Woke up this morning with stronger then normal pain in my side for hardly doing anything. I didn't really think anything of it until the ride to work when it continued to flare up and cause me brief moments of agony. So like I normally do, I took an Advil. The Advil seemed to have worked ... while I was stationary. We went out after some pointless discussions and started to do our work. The pain started to come back again but it was dull and manageable. However, after a good hour or two I was in so much pain that I was in tears and out of breath.

Margaret and Monica told our boss and he was kind enough to drive me home and give me necessary time off (he told me not to think about coming back until Monday lol) So I spent the next couple of hours at home resting until my mum arrived. I then drove her to work and then myself to the Leduc ER. Now I have only been to the Leduc hospital for shots and bloodwork. I have always gone to Devon for emergencies because its closer. Today I will not go to Devon for the ER of my own choice ever again. My last encounters with that hospital were horrible. They never gave me the time of day and even after telling them my symptoms that did a quick look and told me what I was feeling was wrong. Leduc on the other hand treated me with respect and did extra tests baised on what I had explained my symptoms to be. And I can honestly say I had fun for a bit at the hospital. I had to go for an ultrasound and they brought me a wheel chair and she wheeled me in a fun fast way through the halls to the ultrasound room. Me pushing my IV trolly thing along with us.

Oh man and they gave a full bag of Morphine, then some liquid gravol because I was very nauseous from the large dose of morphine. lol I slept for a while in that room. All those drugs making me drowsy. Well anyways after all is said and done I have 3 bruises and some pain, but I got a prescription and a decent time. I also want to thank Doreen and Luke for picking me up because the hospital wasn't gonna let me leave and drive home with all that morphine in my system! Well sleep is cathing up with me so I will go to bed.

Goodnight world! Love ya <3

No comments:

Post a Comment